Essential Architecture Skills
Great Skills Make Great Architects
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned professional, an enterprise architect, business architect, solution architect, IT architect, software architect, this course will introduce and reinforce the skills you need to be an effective architect.
teacher "Essential architecture skills"
Questions and answers
What will you learn?
The increasing importance of architecture in the digital economy has dramatically increased the need for skilled architects. Lack of formal skills training for new and emerging architects to address growing demand and rapid change, disruption, complexity, new business and operating models, new stakeholders, and new paradigms all make for a complicated world. How do we as architects ensure to fulfill our role as well as we did before these evolutions? This course will introduce and reinforce the foundational skills of the architecture role.
Foundations of architecture
- What is architecture?
- What does an architect do?
- What are the relevant skills for an architect?
- What is architectural thinking and critical thinking?
- Which skills should you focus on improving career goals?
- How do you improve them?
- How can you be an architect that helps, rather than the person who says no?
Essential architectural skills
- How and when to use contextualization, conceptualization and formalization.
- How to master the different types of abstraction.
- Keys to effective visualization.
- Which skills are most useful at each point in an architectural or project lifecycle?
Loads of content
Make the most of your experience with 98 videos, many questions and answers, a final exam and a certificate.
Every architect needs a toolbox of skills and techniques to draw from to meet the challenges of the new digital economy. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned professional, an enterprise architect, business architect, solution architect, IT architect, software architect, this course will introduce and reinforce the skills you need to be an effective architect.
Meet the instructor
Consultant - Analyst - Architect - Technical Leader
I am Chief Scientist at Wilton Consulting Group, providing advice to IT and business leaders and architects on using architecture for digital transformation and improved decision making. I’m also a Founding Member and VP of the Business Architecture Guild.
The Master Channel - Mastery Level Certificate
Complete all the content of a course and earn a score of 80% or higher on the exam to earn your Mastery Level Certificate.